Sunday, October 6, 2019

Bonjour (Chapter Eleven)

Chapter 11 New People 

He quickly washed his hand and put his sleeves up and started chopping bananas in pieces. Slowly got closer to me I don’t think he thought I knew. I pretended to just be focused on the apples and then his shoulder touched mine. I looked in his direction and he asked me if he had heard the conversation between Lidia and her mother. “Why do you want to know?” “Well I’m just making conversation,” I looked him straight in the eye with my ‘Really Now’ look and said “If you want to make conversation why don’t you ask my name or introduce yourself,” I stop mid sentence and put down the knife. “ you should be paying more attention to what you are doing than what other people are doin, Okay.” He looked at me with a shameful look in his eyes. “My name is Shinelle, what’s yours?” He looked up slowly “My name is Peter, and I’m sorry about that,” I started chopping the apples again and said “It’s okay just think before you act,” maybe I overreacted but i was aggravated so I responded, “I might have overreacted a little bit.” “What grade are you in,” I asked. “Sixth what about you” “Fifth at Zetiva School it goes from pre-k to eighth.” I said. “I know I go there too but on floor G.” I was so surprised I would think that he would go to a different school a better school, every floor or story represented a different acceleration group the highest was group was Q or so I thought I wasn’t 100% sure. I was on P about to be on Q but then I messed up last year since it was a different grading system any little mistake could make you go lower. I didn’t want to tell him I was higher than him it would probably embarrass him, but what should I tell him oh I’m new so I have no idea what floor I’m on? Actually I could have but I didn’t “Thats cool I’m on floor P,” I said. His eyes had seemed like they EXPLODED. “FLOOR P!, isn’t that like the highest floor since floor Q is closed right now?” “Um,” “No way you are in the most accelerated group in the whole school, that is so cool you need to teach me your ways.” I was surprised myself i didn’t know floor Q was closed i though I didn’t make it because I didn’t have grades good enough for floor Q. I now know why floor P was so over crowded there must have been some students that are supposed to be on floor Q but it isn’t open yet. Was I supposed to be there??

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...