Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Bonjour (Chapter Twelve)


Chapter 12 Elevated

“Really?” I said finally. “Yeah they say that some of the other people will be chosen to be on level Q in two months, it’s going to be completely random. I really hope I’m chosen.” “Is that why all the floors are so crowded?” “Yes, partly there are also more people than last year.” I didn’t know if I should tell him that I was new to the school after all since all the grades are pretty much mixed up I know that some of the grades share students and classes depending on how smart you are and what level you are at. I was right on my the determined grade level well a little above, my ELA was two grade levels above I was in 7th grade ELA and 6th grade Math. I didn't want to seem like I was bragging but I kind of did want to, I mean you don’t usually meet a fifth grader that is in sixth and seventh grade classes and of course I wanted to point that out to everyone. I also wanted to keep to myself at the same time. I don’t know what I felt at that moment, it was as if I had just become shy and not wanted to talk. I wanted to just hide in a corner of the room and not come out as if i had a fear of socializing. But I finally responded, “Me too, I really do want to get into a higher class.” He looked at me with confusion in his eyes. The floor Q is like a special program that only people that are in 7th grade classes could take I don’t think you could actually reach that hight above your grade level, I mean Math and ELA are the only subjects you can get above grade level.” I was so surprised when he said that so it wasn’t that I wasn’t smart enough to go to a higher science and social studies class but you couldn’t do that!? “Well I have 7th grade ELA, so maybe I could get chosen.” His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his skull I couldn’t tell if he was going to pass out or just turn into ice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...