Thursday, April 25, 2019

Wednesday April 10th Slice of Life day 10

Today we had our first day of what used to be called PARCC but now is called IAR testing. In my school we have blocked that depend on what class you have block 1,2 and 3 then 4 is exploratory. Usually during testing we have a weird schedule instead of having 90 minute classes the classes are cut short and the schedule is a little messed up and we all expected a different schedule but not this different. The day started off normal well sort of as normal as a testing day can be. We did out test which took around 2 hours, then we we went to our block 1 in my case it's math. I was thinking about how different the schedule was gonna be different as I sat down and then I remembered that I had talent show practice so I was going to miss a couple of blocks. I was automatically excited. As we got settled we did out IAR practice slides on classkick then the announcements came on “Teachers a email was sent regarding the water issue please check your email and part 2 will be sent soon” the teachers stop to explain that the water was off so we can't go to use the bathroom. Soon another announcement came on that all students had to head to their exels. We had a extremely short 1st block today but why? Once we got to our exels our exels teachers started to say how since there was no water it was unsanitary to be in the building so we were going to have our lunch as early as possible and in our classroom instead of the lunchroom and if this became a bigger issue we would head to the YMCA or we would have to leave early from school all together. We waited a while on our exels because 7th grade was getting their lunch first. Once we were getting called down we thought we were getting our lunch and going back to class but we actually stayed in the lunchroom and ate there once we finished we were sent back to our our exels to see if we got news about staying in school. We got the news we were staying in school we were sent to block 2 which was in my exel room Social Studies I set up all of my supplies and organized them. Class started shortly and once we got our assignment I was scammed by the teacher and I thought I had gotten in trouble but my teacher told me that I had to go to the band room for talent show practice. I packed up my things and left the room full of awkwardness. I dropped off all of my belongings at my locker and only took my Ipad once I got there I was chosen to got tell the people in other classrooms that they had to go to the practice. Practice was amazing seeing all the wonderful acts and singing was great the time passed quickly once we were directed to go back to class there was only a couple of minutes left in the whole school day so once we returned to class we had 2 minutes in class which was enough for the teacher to explain the project we had to do then we left. School was really wierd that day especially since all of the clubs were cancelled I was actually able to sing the song I was going to do for the talent show and they enjoyed it but today was pretty awesome and confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...