Wednesday, May 29, 2019

New Story Hope You all Enjoy

So right now I'm wondering if I should have even taken this vacation. Now you may ask why start here, and I know that its a bad place to start but I personally don’t think that it is. So maybe I should start from the beginning. April 18 1995 in the hospit- okay maybe not that beginning, so the beginning of this story. Let’s see I was riding my bike to work I am the top baker in Oklahoma or so i tell myself. I wake up at 5 am in the morning everyday to get ready I usually leave my apartment at 5:30 and walk to work, but today felt special and the sun was burning hot so I decided to get to work early and go by bike. I got to work parked my bike and took my key out ready for work. I opened the door and started baking bread and I.  baked over 20 trays with so many ovens it seems easy but it is still highly difficult to get the design and to not burn them and have the recipe right but I usually do pretty good I only have to redo two or three trays if I have a bad day. I organized the trays and then started making extras when my boss came in, her name is Caroline and she had always loved my bread but thought that it would be overwhelming making so much in such a small amount of time, I always said it was okay and it wasn’t tiring but it really was. Making so much bread in one day was tiring but I knew that I shouldn’t give up and I should just continue on and it complain. Today I had not only made 20 trays but also 30 more and extra donuts to attract new customers. Since it was soon going to be summer we had just put in a juice and Icee machine so there would probably be more business towards that and also new breeds added to the menu. My boss looked around all the bread was ready ice machine was working fresh juice had been served and the new menu items were still in the oven and what she said was almost unbelievable, “STOP, you’ve been working too much and all of the extra menu options were just a joke of adding them but you did a great job of that,” she walked towards the oven and took a look at the bread I baking and then looked at me. “I am very happy with all of your work but you are taking a vacation,” I think at that point my mind went in a blur and I felt like she had told me that I had been the chosen one out of all of the people in the world. I think my facial expression hadn’t caught onto my feelings  and I was frowning or something like that because the next words that came out of my boss's mouth surprised me even more “Look I know you really love your job and you always love to go beyond and above any of my expectations but you have to go on a vacation, you’ve never even had a day off so I decided to get you a vacation, and you can’t say no I got the plane tickets and a reservation to a hotel with the amount of money that you would earn working for the time your gone.” My face suddenly exploded in happiness I as so happy I almost jumped and hugged boss. “Oh my gosh thank you but-” “No buts I have everything planned out all I need if for you to take your tickets and get packing.” She had just kicked me out so I went home and placed the tickets on my desk when I noticed I didn’t know when or where I was going so I checked the tickets. The flight took off at 6:00 pm with a 6 hour time difference and a 16 hour flight the plane would land at 4:00 pm and I would probably get out of the main airport around 5:00 or 5:30 well at least I presume. I remember my boss told me she had reserved a hotel for me to stay at when I looked at the reservation it was at Iberostar Selection Royal El Mansour & Thalasso a 5 star hotel and I was amazed there was a pool and amazing spacious rooms. As Excited as I was and how amaz d air really hadn’t noticed how much time had passed it was almost eight and I had to get packed and ready to go for tomorrow I knew I had the day off but I didn’t want to leave work, it was such a strange feeling like having to say goodbye to something important which was a strange feeling considering that I had hated being so overwhelmed with work but without it I felt empty. I got through the morning just fine I got a mcmuffin and a medium dark coffee at McDonalds because it’s a cheap and quick breakfast option. I got back to my apartment with an hour to spare so I got all of my essentials and made sure double and triple checked if I had everything then hen it got close to two o’clock I ordered a taxi. I had to be at the airport 3-4 hours before my flight and I just wanted to be cautious so I left early. I got to Will Rogers World Airport five minutes before two. I got out of the taxi and put my luggage on the sidewalk. I walked towards the door and went inside, I checked in a little later and Is was in my airline part of the airport and close to a food court. I wasn’t really hungry but it was a 16 hour flight so I couldn’t wait long before getting hungry I got some cookies chips water tea and coffee. I felt ready, prepared and excited. I sat down and looked around it felt so peaceful the complete opposite of what I had expected I thought that it would be loud and obnoxious. I put on my headphones and listened to music while reading a book and writing about it. I was always into literature and reading it kept me up and running I felt excited to read more every time so I brought in a couple of books. I was reading while I waited for the flight to come in and the airplane to arrive, I looked up every 10 minutes up at the screen to see if the plane had arrived and to my surprise it took over an hour it really wasn’t surprising because it would be a long flight and then having to get the plane ready. I thought of all the possibilities of why it would be late. Once it was close to the time that the pane was supposed to get to the airport I stood up and got all my things back in my black leather backpack and put all of my garbage to the side i got my sweater and wrapped it around my waist and put my backpack on and took my garbage on a trip to their new home. Soon the loudspeaker had announced that the plane had just come in but there was going to be a slight delay. I didn’t know what to do or where I needed to go or maybe if I had to stay there and just wait a little longer. I decided to stay seated and wait for another announcement to come on and give information on the flight because so far there was almost no information given. At this moment is when I noticed that I knew where I was going and why but I didn’t know much about the country. I decided to look up some tourist spots in tunis which is the capita and I was going to got here no matter what I didn’t care if my hotel was far or close I was getting there. I tried to find out some of the basic information and where to visit where to go and any great views. I found out that the Atlas Mountains were a beautiful view to see and a very important geographic feature along with the Medjerda RIver. I didn’t even know about this country until about two days ago and I already love it. Maybe it was ow it was described or maybe  the pictures that I had seen but it looked like a beautiful place to visit. Soon the loud speaker came on and they they announced that the plane was ready to board and I was thinking that there was almost no waiting time but then I looked at the time and it wasn’t that much time but almost a hour had passed and I was pretty amazed that that much time had passed while i was figuring out some facts about tunisia and where I was going. I think that I found a decent amount of information. Once I had boarded the plane and gotten in my seat I started reading again i knew that i couldn’t be on my phone so I didn’t put on music. I was really getting confortable I had dropped tea on my hand and my hands had gotten sticky so I stood up and went o to wash my hands. I came back and I couldn’t get back in a good positon to relax. The rest of the plane ride i was reading or writing and listening to music most of the time. Once the plane ride was over and i got off the long 16 hour plane ride and went through the long lines of checking into a forgin country that I had never been in. I was extreamly excited and nervous. After a long time of waiting and questioning I was finally able to go get my luggage and get going. I got to the gate and saw a lot of people waiting for family and workers. I went through the gates and tried to get a taxi. I got to my hotel room and saw the amazing view it had along with the great space I unpacked and got settled. Most tourists wouldn’t know the language or their way around but lucky me when I waas a child I learned some aribic but not that much altough french is another known language since Tunisia was origianally concered by france. I was excited to travel around and see how it was around me the buildings the stores shops and to find some fun things to do. I first made sure I had some money and here in Tunisia the money that was used was dinars i substituted my american dollars with dinars. I was starting to get hungry with such a long flight I was ready to eat and I had a couple of traditional dishes I wanted to try. I went walking and found a resturant that had what I wanted to try. Brik a l’oeuf I had heard of it and I really wanted to try it for myself to see how good it is. I ordered my food and it was served way fancier than expected it to be, but sometimes that can be a bad sign because they are trying to hide the bad taste in the food, I was really hoping that it want the case but I couldn’t know until I actually tried it. Once I tasted it I could feel the rich delicious flavor. I had to go back to the hotel soon because I wanted to finish reading and unpacking. I had almost finished the book that I had brought with me so I HAD TO finish it with such a small amount left of the book. I went back in the hotel and the worst thing ever happend. This didn’t happen right away but I saw a bee in my hotel room I thought it must’ve gotten in when i went inside it came in with me and i was like oh it’s fine it’ll get out soon then out of nowhere comes another one, and it might not seem all that bad but after a while there were five bees and I knew that there was something wrong so i called down someone that actually worked there to see if they could solve the problem. The examined most of the room and checked outside around the room and they didn’t find anything until they found a tiny hole in the wall and they saw a bee fly out of it. They immidiatley told me to get my stuff packed and that they would move me to a different. After a while it had turned out that there was a giant bee hive inside the wall, this was what seemed to me the most crazy and obsurd thing that would ever happen and the worst thing about this is that since the hotel had to fix this there were bees in other rooms too and I had gotten stung so many times and it was mostly in the same place i really hated that i ended up going to the hospital. I am slowly feeling better but to be honest I think I like to be working in the bakery than having to be in the hospital because of bees. Sadly I had to go back to exact same hotel even though I felt like it was trying to kill me and maybe truly it was but I really didn’t want to find out so I cut my vacation short and had to say goodbye to the estimated 11,000,000 people in tunisia and go back to my home and relax where there are no bees

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...