Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Monday April 8th 2019 Slice of Life day 8

Matt Whilhelm Assembly


Today we had an assembly. I thought it was probably Perfect attendance of March because we had just come back from spring break. Surprisingly enough when they started calling classes down they didn’t start with perfect attendance student they started with eighth grade classes then seventh then finally sixth. Once they called us down we went down to the gym and we made a big racha get space. I saw speakers and what looked to be posters once we were all seated the principal went to the middle of the rectangle in the far back and announced to the microphone that we should all quiet down and welcome our special guest-  WAIT A SPECIAL GUEST SO WE DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH A AWARDS AND ALL OF THOSE ANNOUNCEMENTS!! YESSSSSSSSSS! That was my joyful moment anyways I must’ve zoned out cause I kinda didn’t hear the name but I was so excited that we had a guest and we didn’t have have growth mindset rewards. Then the special guest came out, he looked familiar to me… (light bulb lights up) it’s the guy that does cool stuff on his bike, like really cool bike tricks. He came in with a small bike and he started riding it he had a microphone that he didn’t have to hold so he could talk while dunking his tricks. He started by telling us how he was as a child and how he broke six of his bones but that’s not what hurt him the most he said that what really hurt was getting bullied as a kid and that he needed a Superman to save him and to tell all of the bullies to back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...