Sunday, April 14, 2019

April 5th 2019 Slice of Life day 5

Today I had a field trip to go clean up a forest preserve and I was very excited I was with Youth Crossroads there had been Field trips all week except Wednesday and Thursday. As we arrived at the Forest Preserve we were trying to help clean up we got our Jackets on left our bags and lunch inside the Van and one by one got out. A guy named George came and showed us the supplies we were going to be using and what we were going to do. Our first Direction was to get some gloves and Goggles 🥽 to protect our face. Then we were directed to the main forest George told us to be careful the main reason that people get injured is because of tripping. I looked at the Forest floor ir was full with orange yellow and red leaves. There where a couple of spots that you could see the the moist dirt and mud. There were sticks and broken trees. We were stepping into the forest as I stepped in my feet fell into the mud once I stepped out of the mud I felt it sticking on my shoe and I could feel bran her hitting my legs. As I walked through the forest I could feel logs on the ground that were covered by mud and leaves I could feel the unevenness throughout the forest we walked through. We ended up stopping by a small pre-made fire all we had to to was add wood to make it a bit larger. They told us to stay away from the smoke we all picked some small sticks and threw them in the fire. I could feel the warmth as it got larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...