Monday, April 29, 2019

Friday April 12th 2019 Slice of Life day 12

Today I had social studies and it was kind of fun we made what was called a Rota board it looked like a wheel. We had to decorate it to make it our own with our favorite show or just decorate it with colors signs anything that you would like. I don't watch TV and I was very confused on what I should do so I started with the simple drawing of the outer circle most people used a circle that was already made or something to trace but I did it free hand I tried to make an even cricket that was touching the edge of the paper to make it larger once I thought I had a good cricket I stopped I started working on the inner circle which was smaller and it was much easier since it had the outside line to give as a guides ai traced out the inner circle I noticed it to be directly even to the outer circle and it had to be able to fit smaller circles inside so I had to space it evenly which took a while since I was doing it by hands once I was pleased with how it looked I started to do he main design which was a cross then and x through it. I started sketching a straight line uncentered leaning towards one side more one way more than the  other I then moved on to draw the parallel match to the other line matching up fully and the middle being in the middle of the whole circle. Once I was finished with that main line I started with the line that was crossing through the line I just made that created a plus. I then repeated the process and made a x through the plus making a big star at the center point where all of the lines crossed I tried to make a circle that was able to touch all of the vertices of the lines and made the circle even. I also made a circle at the end of each line between the two circles that is why there had to be space. Once I finished all of the lines and circles I started to correct everything making sure it was all even and all of the shapes were the right size then I started going over it with marker. I took my eraser and erased all of the old pencil line under the marker. Once that was all done my mind went blank I didn't know what to do for my design. I had to really think of a design that was easy and interesting, so I decided to do Greek Gods and Goddesses. I thought it was an easy concept to do and it was colorful and interesting. I was highly encouraged so I looked up some of the symbols for the different gods and I started with the lightning bolt for zeus in the middle of the rota board outlined it erased the pencil lines and colored it in along as I did for the whole wheel of different gods and goddesses along with matching pieces for the board to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New school year New Rules

 Yes, I'm back. By back I mean back to school the most magical place on earth that makes us all feel well happy. Sadly this year we aren...